Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Volume changes of audio clip in arranger

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297
edited July 2022 in Deluge Help

Maybe somebody can tell me what I’m doing wrong: I have an audio clip that is looping in song mode. It loops seamlessly and there is no gap or click or anything.

When recording this to the arranger and then slowly trying to fade it out, it generates white clips as expected. But when playing this back in the arranger there is a notable gap or sudden jump when going from white clip to white clip.

This may be because it doesn’t loop the little margin parts. It only plays back smoothly when looping a clip, but not when there is multiple instances of white clips played back to back.

I know, I can put the same material into a kit and loop it there, But this obviously defeats the purpose of having audio clips.

Any idea why this is or what I am doing wrong?

Post edited by jensg on

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited July 2022

I kind of reproduced this but fiddling around more with it, it was gone. Try recording the automation but wait a few beats in the clip before starting to fade it out. I think when I started fading out right on the first beat I got the volume gap...

Post edited by volsteh on

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

Thank you for trying this out. Unfortunately it does not work for me. It loops perfectly when leaving it alone.

Any change (thus becoming a white clip) introduces a gap.

It’s only audible if you have audio content that actually loops around (rather than just a phrase with silence at the end).

This kind of makes the audio clip feature very limited bc you can’t have looped content without unmusical gaps.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited July 2022

Highly doubt this is intended behavior, maybe we are missing something? Also did you tried to make the white clip "real" maybe the gap goes away?

Post edited by volsteh on

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

edited July 2022

Good call, but no, doesn’t change the behaviour.

I think it’s an oversight and I think it misses the crossfade functionality of the margins inbetween different clips.

It only works when looping the same clip in one long clip (thus looping). Even placing multiple separate instances of the same clip introduces the gap.

Post edited by jensg on