Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

A naming convention for songs that will fit in with the ordered list...

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Sorry if this has already been covered. I like to have my songs in chronological order of commencement. So I'm happy using the numbering system that you get when the D autonames thingss (what happens when I reach 1000? nobody knows...). But I'd love to be able to append a word or two that explains the song, with the song still appearing in the chronological number order. Is that possible?

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

i do "##.title" for example "13.upbeat"

Did they make it appear in sequence with the others?

Another q for gurus... Can I rename projects safely on the SD card or does weirdness ensue?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If by “in sequence with the others” you mean with the other typical number saves, it wouldn’t if named that way.
    All the numeric saved files are actually titled, SONG###.

You can rename song files without issue 👍🏼

Oh, so if I change the names of the ones I want to join that order to SONG286.h or whatever that will work? They'll fillet into that order?

It's just annoying, when I switch on I almost always want to go to the most recent song I was working on, but I have to scroll through through a bunch of songs I gave names to before I knew that was a bad idea. Or can I rename them to something that will plonk them before the number songs?

Yes that works.
    I’m not sure I understand your problem with the named songs. You type the name on the load screen and the most recent version is selected to load.
    You can use “!” In the beginning of a name to have it show up first.

edited July 2022

i pile ideas into the machine, and save them as auto-numbered songs by just quickly pressing save then switching off. when i turn it on again i want to have the most recent things i did easily accessible. at the moment those are trapped between hundreds of earlier auto-numbered songs if i go clockwise, or the songs i've named if i go anticlockwise, both directions it takes me ages to get past them with the scroll wheel. i'll put SD in a computer and rename all named songs with a ! at the beginning, thanks. are there other characters that will come before the auto-numbered songs? is the sorting rule written down anywhere?

Post edited by pogodance on

Gotcha. In that case, I think simplest solution for you is to simply press load, then type “!” (Shift + 1) then turn select anticlockwise once and you’ll be at the highest number save.