Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Phaseplant Wavetable

asobeasobe Posts: 4
edited May 2022 in Deluge Help

HI All,

I have been playing around with the new 4.o firmware and have been eager to get my phaseplant wavestables into the deluge. I know the phaseplant default format is FLAC, but it does allow to save wavetables to WAV.. My guess is I am losing some formatting as every table sounds like a saw table. Is the cycle information and other associative information in metadata, and can I just edit that to get it to work? Else, am I stuck having to find another wavetable editor: I so love my phaseplant :(

Thank you for your time, and thank you Synthstrom for an awesome product.

Post edited by asobe on

Best Answer

rezareza los angelesPosts: 608
    Answer ✓

@asobe no problem! you could try to assign wavetable position to env2 (shift+wavetable, then shift+env2, then dial the amount). from there, adjusting the env2 attack, decay, sustain, release will help you dial in the speed of how it scans through the wavetable.

Answers

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

when you find the wavetable sample on the deluge, does the preview sound sound like the wavetable sample or is it just a saw tone even then? if it sounds like the proper wavetable but then when you confirm loading the sample to the synth, have you then tried to turn custom 1 gold knob to adjust the wavetable position, when doing so does it sound like the wavetable file?

Thank you reza. Sorry for the delay; my life took precedence. I got back to it recently though, and it seems the problem healed itself and works fine. However, it would be nice to control the speed of the pass through the wavetable, i.e make a real slow pass through the table. The lfo doesn't much help with this, but adjustung attack only sometimes helps a little though but not near the grinding I would hope for. The sample sound by the way is real slow, and I cant get near that in play. Still a great feature and thanks for your help!

Many experiments yet to try in my music lab. Thank you again, reza. Play on<3