Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

View/Edit Deluge XML files error message

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

Some songs (not all) give me this this error message when opening:
Error: Script error.
url: file:///Users/xxx/Downloads/distribution/DR/xmlView/viewXML.js
line: 0

Safari 13.1.2 on iMac with High Sierra.

Google Chrome gives this error message on every song file.

Any hints?

Post edited by Wolf_T on

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603
    edited June 2022

hm maybe just use an application like notepad or something equivalent to open/edit XML. i imagine opening XML's with a internet browser will yield unexpected results, the file you linked is a javascript file though, so maybe that has a role in the error. like the browser extension is interpreting the XML via javascript and expects to execute things via XML code that aren't defined for it or something.

if you are really keen to viewing/editing via google chrome, maybe try the suggestions on this page to see if u can get rid of the error. some suggestions include updating google chrome, disabling hardware acceleration and a bunch more things. https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-script-error-4689227

edit: just seeing now that this is in relation with Downrush, of which i don't have much experience with. so i can't say how valuable my answer is for you, apologies!

Post edited by reza on

It seems that the error message only occurs when opening songs created with the new firmware.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <song
    firmwareVersion="4.0.0"
    earliestCompatibleFirmware="4.0.0-beta"

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

ah i see. from what i understand downrush doesn't receive any more support by the creator, with the changes of folder support and other things maybe that's what makes 4.0 XML's incompatible.

Here is the error message from XML view:

react-dom.production.min.js:198 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'note')
    at TrackView.jsx:381:39
    at t.value (TrackView.jsx:752:14)
    at t.value (TrackView.jsx:717:7)
    at Ho (react-dom.production.min.js:216:167)
    at Uo (react-dom.production.min.js:220:182)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:250:268
    at t.unstable_runWithPriority (scheduler.production.min.js:18:156)
    at Ms (react-dom.production.min.js:250:201)
    at Ns (react-dom.production.min.js:249:233)
    at Os (react-dom.production.min.js:248:143)

It is a real waste that at least the functions midian (converts Midi-format files into Synthstrom Deluge SONG.XML files) and the web-based Deluge XML File Viewer are not developed any more. Unfortunately I have no knowledge in java script. But maybe there is someone who is familiar with it and can take a look at the problem.

https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush/releases/tag/1.0b18

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

I've been working around this by doing the midi to xml conversion, and before copyng the song file to the SD card, copy the headers from a song file that's known to work into the new file. There's a bit of editing you'll have to do, to match the tags and such, but it works for me.
    What I REALLY want to do ( and am pursuing if possible ) is to write my own midi to deluge converter, so that I can get past things like the midi song having 6 channels of the same instrument, because the Deluge can only do one channel per clip, and only 2 clips per song can use the same channel. The existing converter doesn't handle channels as clips very well, and I think I need to be able to tell the program what clips for what channels, and so on.
    It's the VERY beginning so if anyone has any documentation on the Deluge xml file format/schema/structure ( mostly for midi songs/clips), please let me know!

I'm no beginner at programming but I have never worked with midi files before, so what I really need is a way to extract note,velocity, and duration data so I can spit it out the way the Deluge file wants it.

That sounds good. I would even pay for the software.
    I hope you will get the new Deluge XML file format documentation from Rohan:

I think this is for the older firmware:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/11DUuuE1LBYOVlluPA9McT1_dT4AofZ5jnUD5eHvj7Vs/edit#

jamiefayejamiefaye Chicago, ILBeta Tester Posts: 86

Hi everybody. It looks like the 4.0.0 has a bunch of changes in it. Among other things, the XML file format is correct according to XML standards. I do hope to fix this stuff sooner rather than later.

Good news is that I figured out what the issues are. I will upload a fixed version in a day or so after Rohan gets a chance to answer one of my questions about 4.0

For the latest Downrush go to https://github.com/jamiefaye/downrush/releases//