β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

In the dark ..

Are there any ideas around making the text of the panel better readable in the dark?
Like fluorescence or modified buttons to light the text?
Some function are memorized after a while, but some I need to look up.
Best.w.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

yamacilleryamaciller ViennaPosts: 27

hmm. If it was fluorescent ;) I could.

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

A clip on reading light might serve you well

yamacilleryamaciller ViennaPosts: 27

yeah, a light is an idea. --- The USB doenst give any voltage out right?
    So I couldnt connect a usb led there? Would be ideal in portable mode.
    For the more static usage I do use light anyway ;)
    Best.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

@yamaciller said:
    yeah, a light is an idea. --- The USB doenst give any voltage out right?
    So I couldnt connect a usb led there? Would be ideal in portable mode.
    For the more static usage I do use light anyway ;)
    Best.

I power my theoryboard no problem from deluges usb

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I believe the USB port only powers external devices as long as the deluge is plugged in, which defeats your purpose (I could be wrong though).
    A clip on reading lamp is the most elegant solution, I'd say.
    Another solution would be to modify your unit and add a lamp with its own switch that connects to the internal battery.
    Last one I can think of is to get power from the MIDI port: People in this forum have reported that they were able to use the MIDI to bluetooth adaptors which get their power from the MIDI port. Though honestly I wasn't able to find a MIDI powered reading light :D So more of a diy idea. I'd love to see someone try this. Sound so stupid, but if it works...? :sweat_smile:

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

If the enclosure was translucent, the LEDs would act as a backlight for the labels.

Soon_ForgetSoon_Forget USAPosts: 18
    edited June 2022

FYI - Oversynth has a new overlay for 4.0 available to USA ...

I figured I will give it a shot because I can't read the deluge font in my studio lighting. Just doing a quick visual comparison between the two images above, I don't see any major changes outside of the color.

Post edited by Soon_Forget on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

@Soon_Forget said:

I figured I will give it a shot because I can't read the deluge font in my studio lighting. Just doing a quick visual comparison between the two images above, I don't see any major changes outside of the color.

That's because the images are still from V3, as it doesn't have the 'direction' text printed on them.

jsilencejsilence GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 27

@broughtonfilm said:
    If the enclosure was translucent, the LEDs would act as a backlight for the labels.

A laser cut acrylic case with silk screen printed labels would be rad!

DeebeeDeebee England Beta Tester Posts: 2

I use an external power pack with a usb light. Totally portable, illuminates the Deluge really well and the one I use has 3 different colour temperatures and a very flexible neck.

The light was bought on Amazon and is the LEDGLE 3.4W USB LED Light Portable Reading Lamp.

broughtonfilmbroughtonfilm New YorkBeta Tester Posts: 69

@Deebee said:
    I use an external power pack with a usb light. Totally portable, illuminates the Deluge really well and the one I use has 3 different colour temperatures and a very flexible neck.

The light was bought on Amazon and is the LEDGLE 3.4W USB LED Light Portable Reading Lamp.

And I have a desk lamp, bought it on Amazon...