β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

feature request: expanding/contracting Song view clips

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

I find it sometimes a little frustrating to scroll up and down in Song view when changing/muting/reselecting/etc 'if' there's lots of new Groups (with many sections). You find yourself scrolling up and down through the screens to go to (or find) another group, which is okay, but can sometimes be cumbersome.

I was wondering if in a future update, it could be possible to reduce each group to one row with a (example) double click, or whatever - I'm sure someone has a better suggestion. And naturally, double click would expand the group back out again.

It's a little bit the same way as a Clip view, where you can zoom in or out, except in main view/screen, and would make the Groups in screen/view fit into a smaller space (if that makes sense).

BTW, I know we're not meant to make feature requests, but this I find is more a refinement to what is already there ;) .

Post edited by joesh on

Comments

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Yeah some kind of grouping/collapsing would make it easier to keep track of things.

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

In the meanwhile, you can put blocks/instruments with velocity 0 inbetween, so it's not 1 big colored mess.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

what you can do, put a random synth you wont use, set it on keyboard mode, go back to song, and you will get a nice multicolored row to separate your clips

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

@djAzid said:
    In the meanwhile, you can put blocks/instruments with velocity 0 inbetween, so it's not 1 big colored mess.

That's an interesting idea, thanks.

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

As a default midi track i've made it so that channel 10 (drumtrack) is on top and every other channel (1-16, except 10 ofcourse) has a 'block' in between, so you can figure our easily which midi channel is where.

Khidr9Khidr9 PhillyBeta Tester Posts: 2

These are great ideas. The vertical β€œclip launch” view used by everyone else has some merit, but you lose the ability to see the play head progress and interact with the individual tracks so it kind of gets nerfed. Purely as an organizational tool it would be nice to build performances with less scrolling

I also always put my drum track on top. Hopefully deluge 2 will be 12x16 for chromatic scales on one page and channel 10 visible πŸ™ƒ.