Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Importing a sequence from another sequencer....

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

I have some sequence patterns saved on a keystep 37 that I'd like to transfer to the deluge without having to manually enter them in note by note. Can I just record the keystep's sequence on the deluge by hitting record and then playing the sequence on the keystep?
I might be missing something because I haven't been able to get this to work...

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I don’t have a keystep but this should work. Have you learned a synth or MIDI clip on the deluge to the keystep?
    If not, hold learn + the row in song view (audition buttons in clip view) then play notes on the keystep.

I've tried that, but it didn't seem to learn anything. I am not using the usb midi, though, I'm using the 5 pin DIN jacks, So I guess I'm gonna have to go USB and try again. I know I can get it to work, I see people using a keystep with a Deluge . I just don't know how to play the sequence on the keystep and record it on the deluge.
    ...yet;)
    Thanks for the response.

5 pin DIN should work just fine. If you hold learn plus the clip it should start flashing once the keystep sends any notes to the deluge.
    Maybe double check connections and/or cables?

in the process right now. This SHOULD work over the DIN.

Are you familiar with the deluge MIDI learn process? Have you successfully connected other controllers?

No and no, but I did just record a sequence off the keystep. I need to learn how to sync the play/record on the deluge with the play on the keystep though
    Thanks for your help!

All I need now is a w2ay to synchronize and I think I'm set. That and match the octaves;)

Make sure under deluge settings > tclock in > auto is set to on. Then make sure the keystep is set up to send clock. Then arm record on deluge and when you press play on keystep recording should begin and be in sync.

All dug in and it's working better than I thought it would! This is going to save me hours of input time. Thanks for the help!
    Eventually I'm going to hook all this up to the MRCC midi router and then I can let my fingers do the heavy lifting, it'll be just a push-button and a learn and away we go, for some 7 or 8 synths , plus the Deluge, and a Seq, and a Play...
    The Deluge seems to take care of most issues natively. I LOVE that.

Awesome! Glad it’s working for you! Happy to help 👍🏼