Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Changing (CUSTOM1), (CUSTOM2), and (CUSTOM3) effects per preset

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

Can you advise as to how the user can change the effects loaded into the (CUSTOM) Parameter Affect Group buttons? Also, if this is listed in the manual and you don't mind, can you provide the manual page number that explains this (I couldn't find it myself)? Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

Also, is there a 'typical' effect for (CUSTOM2) in Synth clips? Just using my ears, it sounds like this is Pulse Width for most

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You cannot reassign customs for “affect entire” parameters for the entire kit or song.

You can assign the customs (or any) knobs to most parameters. While a shortcut parameter is selected, simply hold learn and turn the knob.
    This is described on pg 132 of the manual under ASSIGNING CUSTOM CONTROL PARAMETERS.

Custom 2 by default is mapped to decimation for synth clips. Or wavetable position if using a wavetable. But some presets may be mapped to PW or anything else.

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

You cannot reassign customs for “affect entire” parameters for the entire kit or song.

I find this to be a real bummer. On eg mc101 you can have one knob control decay for a whole kit to suddenly make it all very sparse and choppy, or semitone of a whole kit (the pitch thing in deluge is a bit weird and unpredictable in my experience).

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

To be clear controlling for whole song is unrealistic but whole kit I would like. I appreciate synths in a kit with wildly different structures would have to ignore the knob but that's fine and niche.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

You could use a MIDI controller and map it to the decay of each kit row to get that effect.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

@Too_Mere said:
    You could use a MIDI controller and map it to the decay of each kit row to get that effect.

Sure, but this kind of defeats the purpose of an "all in one box" approach. why is it that it's not doable? i mean it does work with a midi controller, so it cant be CPU ressources? It would immensly open up kit and song performance options.

Thanks for the page reference @Too_Mere

Matze978Matze978 Posts: 8

@jensg said:

@Too_Mere said:

Sure, but this kind of defeats the purpose of an "all in one box" approach. why is it that it's not doable? i mean it does work with a midi controller, so it cant be CPU ressources? It would immensly open up kit and song performance options.

Well it still is all in one Box!
    You don’t even need a separate MIDI controller, you can use the midi cable hack by connecting the midi out to midi in! Just create a Midi Clip with a channel that loops back to the deluge and u can set up all 16 knobs! In theory even more when using multiple Clips.
    That way it is up to you what Parameters you want to control!

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112

@Matze978 "Learning" the MIDI CC to parameter mappings would be a bit of a pain using MIDI loopback ..
    (I'm guessing it can be done if you record some MIDI CC automation, start the clock, and then learn the parameters with loopback in place)

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

@Affectionate_Bee_781 said:
    @Matze978 "Learning" the MIDI CC to parameter mappings would be a bit of a pain using MIDI loopback ..
    (I'm guessing it can be done if you record some MIDI CC automation, start the clock, and then learn the parameters with loopback in place)

I agree. I know about the hack and tried it but it gets messy fast, bc when playing back your song all of the other cc`s are getting recorded and thus learned too.

It would be far easier if the "affect all" parameters where able to get mapped. also: if there would be an attack and release "affect all" parameter, that maybe effects the individual kit items proportionally.

but hey, it is what it is.