Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

External controller not working on most MIDI channels

rustyjawrustyjaw CA, USAPosts: 14

Hi all,

Long time Deluge user. I upgraded to 4.0 recently and started a new project. Everything was going fine until yesterday, when my controller stopped working on all but one MIDI channel. I know it's not a problem with the controller, or MIDI connection (DIN), because I can create a new project and everything works fine. If I open an older project it also works fine.

The issue first showed up when I went to control a new MIDI track. I held learn and tapped a key on the controller to assign it...the pads flash white when I learn, but when I play the controller, no notes sound. It works if I play on the Deluge keyboard or audition pads, it's only the controller that won't play. The odd thing is that if I go back to the first track I created (MIDI channel 8) it works fine. If I change channel 8 to another, it stops working. No other channels will play using the controller.

I only use DIN, no USB. I don't have MPE enabled.

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

if ur learning a midi track to a midi controller, what would be the sound generator in that case? wouldn't u want a regular deluge synth track and then learn the midi controller to that synth track?

rustyjawrustyjaw CA, USAPosts: 14

In this case, I'm not using any internal sounds, only using the Deluge as a sequencer. I have a number of external synths. When I started this current project, the first synth I used is my Peak (MIDI Channel 8), I then built up other layers on other synths, using my controller to play in notes. It all worked fine (as it has for years), then yesterday something changed, and the Deluge stopped transmitting note data from the controller to any synth EXCEPT for the Peak.

The controller works fine if I open other projects (created on Firmware 3.x). So something in the new firmware is broken. I'm mainly wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if so, is there a way to fix it. It's killed my project for now.