Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

New overlays for firmware 4.0 (from mxpand)

mxpandmxpand Hamburg, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 8

Hello Delugians,

the great firmware 4.0 is now officially available and of course there will be an adapted overlay from us. New overlays will be available in about 1-2 weeks. The website has not been updated yet, but new photos and the info for the new features will be coming soon (http://mxpand.com/en/instrument-overlays/deluge-complete/).

There will be many new improvements, so it's worth the wait:
• New material: The new material is now thicker and stronger and adheres only in spots, making it much easier to apply (and also remove and reapply)
• There will be a 2nd "colorful" design where the function groups (lower 16x8 matrix) are separated by color
• New shortcuts for firmware 4.0, as well as "new" shortcuts of older firmware versions
• Revised design for even more intuitive operation

We know that many users are still waiting for international shipping (outside the EU). Unfortunately, there are some delivery problems at the moment because of the general crisis and we don't have the capacity to deliver the whole world right now. But we are working hard to get these problems under control as soon as possible!

Comments

shoodashooda UKBeta Tester Posts: 10
    edited May 2022

Hi, why is shipping to the UK 100 Euros ?

Post edited by shooda on
    BeefcanBeefcan USPosts: 2

This new overlay looks excellent. I'm looking forward to when we can order these from outside of the EU. These are even more up to date than the new 4.0 manual :smiley:

≋B≋E≋E≋F≋C≋A≋N≋

rensrens United KingdomPosts: 14
    edited May 2022

@shooda said:

I want to know this as well. I know literally 0 UK musicians who voted for brexit. It seems like a policy that might be punishing the wrong people?

Anyway, I'm very excited about the new templates and will have them shipped to family in NL.

Post edited by rens on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

@shooda said:

Why would it cost so much ? Normally import duties should be about 20-22%, depending on the item.

gcrgcr NetherlandsPosts: 1

the great firmware 4.0 is now officially available and of course there will be an adapted overlay from us. New overlays will be available in about 1-2 weeks. The website has not been updated yet, but new photos and the info for the new features will be coming soon (http://mxpand.com/en/instrument-overlays/deluge-complete/).

Are they available?

@shooda said:

Hi shooda. Yes, the 100 euro shipping is really very badly solved. Sorry for the confusion.

The reason is this: Unfortunately, the UK is no longer part of the EU (but currently we can only ship within the EU). Our store operator still has not updated it that the UK is not part of the EU. So the 100 Euro shipping costs are a "stopgap" so that no orders are made. We would love to ship to the UK again (as well as the rest of the world) and are working on making that possible again soon!

@gcr said:

Are they available?

The new 4.0 overlays (Xluge Complete) will be available for order later this week. :)

BertoBerto GermanyPosts: 18
    edited May 2022

Alles klar .....

Post edited by Berto on
    darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

@mxpand Maybe sell them direct to UK on ebay or other marketplace? I think you are missing a sizeable market with no UK, I bought your earlier version and I’d buy other overlays from you as they are very nice.

shoodashooda UKBeta Tester Posts: 10

@mxpand said:

@shooda said:

Hi shooda. Yes, the 100 euro shipping is really very badly solved. Sorry for the confusion.

The reason is this: Unfortunately, the UK is no longer part of the EU (but currently we can only ship within the EU). Our store operator still has not updated it that the UK is not part of the EU. So the 100 Euro shipping costs are a "stopgap" so that no orders are made. We would love to ship to the UK again (as well as the rest of the world) and are working on making that possible again soon!

Thanks for the response. I appreciate that the issue is with your 'store operator', also I note that the shipping to the UK has been 100 Euros for quite some time, since the previous overlay was released and possible before that too. I think that's been long enough for your 'store operator' to get a solution in place.

Sadly that's now two purchases that I haven't been able to make, the previous overlay and now this new one too. Are there any other 'store operators' you can use or even as @darenager suggests eBay ?

edited May 2022

@darenager
    I'm glad to hear that you liked the overlay. :)

@darenager @shooda
    Thanks for your suggestions, though I already wrote in my first post why we (currently) can't ship worldwide. The problem with the UK and our shop operator should only explain the very high shipping costs. Nevertheless, the problem remains that the UK is no longer part of the EU (and the other reasons mentioned) - unfortunately eBay doesn't help either.

Sure, we could now give preference to the UK - and sign new contracts with our shipping company especially for this (which have very high requirements and regulations). But that wouldn't be fair either. And I already know how many hate mails we will get from other countries - why we are discriminating against other countries (and only favouring the UK). You can't imagine how many unfair accusations I've had to defend myself against already.

It doesn't matter what we do, there will always be people who complain.

I can only repeat what I wrote in the first post: We are working on being able to deliver worldwide soon. But I can't (and don't want to) promise a date, sorry.

Post edited by mxpand on

Any chance @mxpand that the colour ones will be available again soon? Your site just says ‘early June’.

@rens The Xluge Complete overlays are available again as of today. ;)

Thanks! Bought.

@mxpand said:
    @rens The Xluge Complete overlays are available again as of today. ;)

IckerdayIckerday PolandPosts: 3
    edited June 2022

I meant to buy the 3.0 ones back in the day but I didn't use my Deluge very much. I got back to it now and figured I may as well buy the new ones so maybe I won't get demotivated that easily. Thanks for your work! Oh and I love the coloured version.

Post edited by Ickerday on
    telePettelePet Posts: 6

I see there is a JU-06a overlay as well. Wish y’all shipped to United States.