Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

I can't save or load a song???

TheBadPalaceTheBadPalace WhanganuiPosts: 11

After having a jam when I go to save my song I get the FOLD message on the display. When I try to load another song I get the same FOLD message. At that point I'm basically stuck and can't do anything other than continue with that jam forever or turn the Deluge off and on again.

I'm using a 128GB SDXC card, formatted to fat32. It's a bigger one i know and I have heard some people have trouble with bigger cards. I've been using it with no troubles for around 6 months maybe longer. I've only had this issue since installing V4.0 but totally willing to accept its on my end and nothing to do with the firmware update.

The first time this happened I had organized my song files (.xml) into folders - templates, jams, collabs etc. I had also organized some of my synth files into folders - basses, pads, BOD1 etc. (I did encounter a problem with my BOD packs so I reverted back to my old system - using file names to organise rather than folders.)

Anyway, after this happened the first time I reverted to my old backup - filing systems/naming conventions I had used without issue with the previous firmware 3.something.

My process on both occasions was this...

-Turn on the delly
-Create some synth/kit tracks
-Create news synths/kits using samples found in my SAMPLES folder
-Maybe add an audio track or two
-Jam with it all, cheeky little resample here and there
-Begin to think I'm on to something and go to save it
-Pressing save causes the FOLD message on the screen
-Decide to cut my loses and move on to something else press load and am confronted with the same FOLD message
-Have no option but to power down the delly and start again

Not sure what I've done/whats happened other than using an SD card thats maybe a bit too big. Thanks Delly friends

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Are you certain you still have a “SONGS” folder at the root level of the SD card?

Yeah. I've got KITS, SAMPLES, SONGS and SYNTHS

Can you check if the SD car lock switch is getting engaged?

Hmmm I just checked and it was half way between on and off. Fingers crossed that's the problem. Thanks

Just powered up the Deluge once with the SD locked and again with the SD card unlocked. It loaded and saved with no problems in both cases.

I'll keep playing around and come back here if the problem happens again

Glad to hear it working! 👍🏼