Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

M-Audio Key Studio does not work on the deluge

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

I tried connecting the M-Audio KeyStudio to the deluge but it just doesn't work. Adapter purchased, external power supply is available. The LEDs on the KeyStudio are lit. When I turn it off, the detach message appears on the deluge. When I turn it on, nothing happens. I have done the learn process, but nothing. Someone has an idea?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Have you made sure the key studio is on and connected and the power supply is connected to deluge before turning on the deluge?
    It needs to recognize the key studio on startup to enter host mode.

Yes, that's what I did. When I turn the keyboard off, the detach message appears on the deluge....but thats all. Shouldn't there be a message on the deluge display when the keyboard is detected?

On startup, no. There’s no message at startup. After “detaching” if you reconnect it should say “MIDI”. Does it say MIDI if you reconnect or no?

I once bought a bad USB adapter. Have you tried using other USB MIDI with another controller to make sure the adapter is working?

It does not say midi after reconnection. Are there any settings in den deluge i have to change?

danut007rodanut007ro BucharestPosts: 11

Does it works on older firmware than 4.0?

Are there other USB MIDI controllers you can test with the cable and adapter you’re using? That could be the issue.
    That or the Deluge doesn’t recognize that controller.
    First test connections with another controller. If that’s not the issue try downgrading to 3.1.5 firmware and see if it’s recognized then.

Update:
    Downgraded to older firmware, M-Audio KeyStudio does not work.
    Arturia Beatstep works with older and new firmware.

I think that narrows it down to two possibilities. Either there’s something wrong with your KeyStudio, or that device just isn’t supported by the deluge over usb.
    Have you tested that it works with a computer or other device?

Works with Logic and other daws without a problem. I can control the deluge with the KeyStudio when I use logic pro for this purpose. But not "dawless".