Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Issue with Song mode ONLY adding empty white clips

BeneathBlackWavesBeneathBlackWaves Burlington, VTPosts: 2

Hi all,

After a week or two with my Deluge, I've been having fun sequencing song parts for my goth post-punk band, Beneath Black Waves.

Last night I ran into a weird issue -- and I know it's 100% something I probably switched by accident can't figure out how to undo, but I'd love any help you might be able to offer.

The issue:

In song mode, I've been successfully adding and navigating the song building process for a while now, and I'm familiar with the difference between changing the color of a part + making a part whited-out/custom one-shot for fills and whatnot.

But I think I hit some kind of weird accidental shift combo sequence last night when I was trying to figure out how to do a thing, and now no matter what song I load, when I go into the song mode to sequence a full song, the only thing it's letting me add for new parts now is empty white custom sections when I press a button to add a new section. -- even if the clip I'm trying to add has parts in it, it's just dropping down a white block section with nothing in it. I can open these blocks and add stuff manually, but it's not letting me drop in any of the pre-set clips anymore.

I've tried to shift the color and do different things to get it back to normal, but I have no clue what I did.

It wasn't doing this before, but it's definitely affecting every song I load now. Hoping it's a simple fix and that someone who has more knowledge of the deluge might be able to guide me to get it back to where it was again. I feel like I accidentally adjusted some internal setting, but have no clue what I did.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate any help!

Answers

BeneathBlackWavesBeneathBlackWaves Burlington, VTPosts: 2

Ooooo I'm a silly billy - I figured it out.

So I had gone in and deleted some clips I wasn't using (in two different songs). This left some lanes in the song empty. When I tried to add new clips to those parts they were still associated with the deleted parts. I went in and shift deleted the dead channels and made new ones and it works.

There are a lot of moving pieces to this thing, but it's super fun and awesome to use. Still wrapping my head around and learning some of the functions.

Anyhoo cheers.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I believe you’re referring to arranger mode. Song mode is the mode with loops.
    In arranger mode, when you drop a clip by pressing a blank space it places the last color used or touched in the arranger (if available on that track). So if you create a white clip by pressing shift + color clip, all of the next clips you place will be blank white clips.

There’s two ways to get color clips after this (assuming those colors exist in song mode):

1) Long press one the the color clips in the arrangement. Can be on any track. Then the next clip you place will be that color if it exists for that track. For example, long press a blue clip. Then place a clip on a blank space and it will be blue (if that track has a blue clip in song mode)

2) Hold the white clip and turn the select knob. This will cycle through all available clip colors for that track. Clip colors available for a track in the arranger directly related to clips that are in song mode.

If a track was created in the arranger, it won’t have any clips in song view, therefore no clip colors will be available. You can change this by moving white clips into song view by holding the clip and pressing the song button. This moves a copy of the clip and its contents to song view. And returning to arranger view will show the white clip now has a color, matching its copy in song view.