Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Artiphon Orba as a midi controller?

Rian78Rian78 USAPosts: 22
edited December 2020 in General Discussion

Has anyone tried?
I cant get the deluge to recognize it.

Post edited by Rian78 on

Comments

encosionencosion London, UKBeta Tester Posts: 5

Ever get it to work for you? I'm intrigued

samforcesamforce United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 40

We need to wait for the MIDI polyphonic Expression feature in the 3.2 update.

icymulberryicymulberry CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 18

I've gotten mine to work "wirelessly" by using my iPad w/AUM as an intermediary. Right now function is pretty rudimentary - just another velocity sensitive keyboard (aftertouch doesn't seem to work out of the box but that may just need some fiddling).

I don't use mine much but I am keeping it for when the beta comes out so I can have a lil test. I figure I'll mostly have it connected the way I do now, wireless is the way to go with this thing.

HAINEZeeHAINEZee United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 21

Any update following the release of 4.0? Would be great if the orba could be used for mpe via midi/widi!

t0et0e Posts: 11
    edited May 2022

@HAINEZee said:
    Any update following the release of 4.0? Would be great if the orba could be used for mpe via midi/widi!

very curious as well!

Post edited by t0e on
    DeebeeDeebee England Beta Tester Posts: 2

@t0e said:

@HAINEZee said:

very curious as well!
    Even after the 4.0 update, the Deluge doesn't seem to recognise the ORBA when connected directly, even when connected via a powered USB Hub. As @icymulberry mentioned, it does work when connected using a bluetooth MIDI adaptor and passing through AUM on an iPad. Although using this method there is a noticeable lag.

RadioRadio San Diego, CA, USAPosts: 6

Help me understand here: Orba has BT, right? but Deluge doesn't, so with a Widi adapter it would work? something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Adapter-Interface-Converter/dp/B08F8F57JX/
    And do you know if the Lag is bad this way too (it seems with the Ipad it has to jump through a lot)

t0et0e Posts: 11

Thanks @Deebee for the info! Unfortunately it sounds quite complicated and a connection with lag is no real option.

jsilencejsilence GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 27

It works out of the box with CME Widi Jack. MPE also works, but needs a little more setup since the Orba is sending all kinds of Midi CC messages when being handled. Makes it hard to Midi learn gestures on the Deli. One needs to load patches on the Orba that only emit one gesture at a time or to filter, for example with a Blokas Midihub.