Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SD cards for not that smart guys like me

1. what's the best software to format the cards
  2. i tried to load a bunch of sound and samples and most didn't work.( i thought i put everything in the right spot)
  3. is there a tutorial for the mentally challenged person that likes music like me.
  4. thanks in advance who ever answers

Comments

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

Hi @giovanni527

I don't pretend to be the Expert here, but I'll get you started.
    1 - I use a variety of MS-Windows machines. When I insert a new SD-Card, it is recognised by Windows. You should be able to then right-click the SD Card within Windows Explorer, and choose "Format". It's worked every time for me. I also have a MacBook, but it's just easier to use my Windows machines.
    2 - You'll have to share more details abbout your "load" process. Firmware v3 or v4? How did you copy the files and folders over to the SD Card?
    3 - When I need to learn from others about the Deluge, I tend to use the "Search" on this discussion board to see if someone has asked the same question/answered it. Failing that, I tend to start searching on YouTube, because there are a lot of tutorials there. You could also look on BaceFook...
    4 - You are Welcome.

Cheers,

Michael

giovanni527giovanni527 United StatesPosts: 3

thank you did you format it to fat32 @DaEmbassy

DaEmbassyDaEmbassy SydneyPosts: 54

Yes @giovanni527 I formatted my SD cards to FAT32. I have a number of 32 Gb and 16 Gb SD cards and this worked fine.

LMK if you have any difficulties.

Michael

giovanni527giovanni527 United StatesPosts: 3

whats odd is i couldnt find the option on windows

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

i posted this on another SD card thread recently, i think it may be helpful for you solving your issues your running into @giovanni527 !

"although i haven't confirmed this i also think SDXC cards may have compatibility issues if not forced to be formatted as FAT32.

if you use an SD card over 32gb it may be worth reviewing this thread to assist in forcing a FAT32 formatted card: https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1367/64-gb-sd-cards-can-now-be-used

lastly, i've heard that making your sd card allocation size 32kb is best for speed."