Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Normalize recorded audio clips? (One shot samples are normalised automatically)

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Hi, is there a way to normalise recorded audio clips? One shot samples for kits or synths are normalised automatically (which is great). I can't see anything in the manual, I guess I need to record louder and be less lazy about gain!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There is not currently a way to normalize audio clips.
    From the manual:
    “ After recording samples into a kit, the Deluge digitally normalises the volume level of a recorded sample to make it as loud as possible without clipping. Note: Recorded audio clips are not normalised in this way.”

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Maybe resample? This normalizes the audio.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I think this is left out on purpose. Audio recordings usually take place while other tracks are playing, e.g. with the looper. Sometimes in live situations. Nobody wants their loop to suddenly become very loud after the loop is closed / the recording is done.
    Resampling is probably the best idea.

darenagerdarenager Between a rack and a hardware placeBeta Tester Posts: 222

Yeah auto normalise is not always desirable, I’d prefer the option to turn it off altogether, even for kit/resampling. I personally don’t want it on audio recordings for the reason mentioned by @Heptagen

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Apart form audio clips, all other sounds coming from an osc can be amplified by patching env1 to osc volume with positive value.

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?