Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Best methods for setting up Preset Folders (kit & synth) in firmware 4.0?

Hi all -

Excited for the new firmware, as are we all. Had enough custom kits and synths that the prospect of folders was super enticing. After updating, I instinctively just went into the SD card and made subfolders within the KITS and SYNTHS folders and moved the presets to them. Deluge...doesn't seem to recognize them - can't see the new subfolders when browsing. This does seem to work with SONGS, though.

The best information I could find in the new guidebook says only about doing this in the deluge itself - meaning you load or create a custom preset, then create a folder during the save process. I can do that, but with 150+ existing custom presets it seems like it's going to be a pain. Any suggestions are super welcome. Orrrrr I could certainly be missing something obvious.

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

You can create the folders either on the Deluge or using a computer with your SD card.
    As long as you didn’t move samples you shouldn’t have any problems.

You might just not be seeing the folders because they don’t appear when scrolling presets in clip view. You need to use the browser by pressing load + synth/kit. Then you should be able to type and scroll to the folders you’ve created.

Answers

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

i hope you backed up your SD card before making these changes. adjusting folder location/file paths in the SAMPLES (i believe this includes the KITS folder too) will break connections to your previously made songs.

if you type on the deluge keyboard folders will show up.

verlaineverlaine Posts: 4

Thanks! My question, though, is how should we migrate existing presets to folders (either synths or kits) – can we do that on the SD card directly, or do we have to manually save each preset to a folder from the Deluge itself?

verlaineverlaine Posts: 4

Thank you! That exposed them just as mentioned. Appreciated.

simonbrdlysimonbrdly United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 24
    edited July 2023

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I can't find it: on the Deluge, is there a way to save a modified kit/synth to a different (existing) folder other than the one the patch is in? i.e. is there a way to navigate through the folder system to the place you wish to save (OLED version)? [apologies - I have now posted this as a new discussion, but it won't let me delete it!]

Post edited by simonbrdly on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

@simonbrdly said:
    Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I can't find it: on the Deluge, is there a way to save a modified kit/synth to a different (existing) folder other than the one the patch is in? i.e. is there a way to navigate through the folder system to the place you wish to save (OLED version)? [apologies - I have now posted this as a new discussion, but it won't let me delete it!]

answered here: https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/23046/#Comment_23046