Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Arranger workflow

SlivizSliviz LondonPosts: 45

Hey guys.

I've had my deluge for about 2 years and I've really loved using it. But something keeps holding me back from finishing songs and that problem is the arranger view.

I usually get a great 8 or 16 bar loop running then I hit a wall. I find the arranger view confusing, especially if I have deleted or changed anything in song mode. I usually end up with empty lines and things don't seem to tally up anymore. Then I lose all my steam.

I have heard of resampling the parts of the song and loading them a few lines under the actual instruments. So you have a clean slate. But when I try this I find it really hard to get everything in time again.

This is probably more user error than anything but if anyone has a workflow tip that could help it would be great to hear.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Have you tried the record to arranger function? You press record + song button in song view. . Then you can launch clips/sections and those clips will end up in the arranger, in the same order they were launched.
    You can then edit the arrangement to finish it up.

This may help you get a better understanding of arranger at least.

One more tip is to press and hold a clip row in song view then press song button. This will move the clip to arranger view and place it on the appropriate row.

SlivizSliviz LondonPosts: 45

Thanks for the help mate. Sorry for the late reply I actually took some time away from music but Im back now and this workflow has helped tremendously!

Glad to help 👍🏼