Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Samples normalize

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 153

Hi friends. I received a song pack from a friend and when I listened to it OOh surprise!!! the sound output level was much higher than the majority of my tracks without the levels of this famous pack being specially set higher both at the level of a kit and at the level of the song itself..
Do you NORMALIZE the initial volume of the samples Or do you pre-mix them before importing them into the Deluge???

Comments

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 123

I like to make sure the samples I import are loud enough that I don't have to boost them much on the Deluge, but can turn them down if needed instead. That way I'm not raising the noise floor trying to crank a sample that's too low.

Thx, i'll check my samples folder using Downrush or an external editor.. it may takes a long long time ! :#

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 123

@sven_blob said:
    Thx, i'll check my samples folder using Downrush or an external editor.. it may takes a long long time ! :#

It can take a while, for sure. I just processed all samples I was using for one song, so they were louder/less noisy and it was tedious but very helpful in the end for the levels of that particular track.

XiotexXiotex UKPosts: 5

I normalised all my samples to -3db to have consistency. Seems to be working out so far.

Yeah, it seems to be a good way to have more punch

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

you always need a good headroom (-6dB), so if your music not loud enough , thats not a problem. Coz its not mastered right?

!.So you never need 0dB out from deluge.!