Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Keyboard view with only notes in a given scale? Like Launchpad/Push/MC707/etc

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Enjoying the Deluge. But is there a way to get keyboard view, not with every semitone, not with the notes of a scale lit up, but rather with only notes of the selected scale available on the matrix? This is how it works on Launchpad Pro, Push, MC707, MC101, and MPC Live (and I think things like the Hydrasynth Desktop). It's a great and fertile way to play, and it didn't occur to me that Deluge wouldn't work this way too. Am I missing something? If it's not in the device it feels like an easy thing to add and it would make it even better for couch jamming.

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There’s not currently a way to do this, sorry. Only clip view eliminates notes from view. Keyboard mode will illuminate different scales but is always chromatic.

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

Ah, that's a real shame!

Would be great if matrix scale mode like launchpad/mpc/push could be added to Deluge.

I know it has it in the 8 audition buttons on the right, but there is a huge 8x16 matrix there, and scale mode is so much better for playing and jamming than chromatic. No scale learning or finger coordination required! I think the power of it is only understood when you've tried it.

And with Deluge it would be amazing because it's such a powerful portable box on its own.