Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Controller Learning Issues

taktak Posts: 31

I am connecting the Deluge to a MIDI controller with the MIDI cord.

I have to click on Learn+Audition+Pad and then Learn+Audition and press a key on the MIDI controller to get the Controller to Trigger the Deluge sound.

When I change from Synth to Kit and back to Synth, I have to repeat this process. Is that correct?

That said, it remembered my Kit learning when I moved from Kit back to Synth.

Seems a little kooky.

Also, is there a way to map the entire Kit to a Controller or does it really have to be learned one sound at a time?

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604
    edited April 2022

you should only need one instance of learn/input+audition pad then press midi key to connect the midi.
    whatever clips you've learned will remain learned regardless of what clip view you're in. so if you wanted to have a synth clip learned to the keyboard AND a kit clip learned to the same midi keyboard (but work seperately) you would have to either:
    1) unlearn the synth clip then learn the kit clip. when you move back to synth clip, you would unlearn kit clip and relearn synth clip
    2) use two different channels on your midi keyboard, channel 1 on midi keyboard THEN learn synth clip, then switch to channel 2 on midi keyboard and learn the kit clip. now you can choose which clip to control by switching the channel on your midi keyboard

and yes, one sound at a time for the kit clip. in your case, using multiple midi channels will save you the headache of having to constantly relearn one kit row at a time.

also, a nice tip for quickly learning/unlearning different clips (for synth/midi clips): in SONG view hold learn/input then press the pad row of the clip you want to learn. hit the midi key as normal and the whole row blinks white. you can do the same to unlearn it, and the advantage from this view is you can do multiple at a time very fast without entering and exiting clips (makes the 1) point i made earlier more convenient)

also, for what it's worth, i do think the midi mapping/saving midi presets is an area that could be improved on, so your concerns are understandable.

Post edited by reza on
    taktak Posts: 31

Much appreciated Reza! I will try this. That song view trick sounds interesting. Appreciate your help/input/time.