Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi controller templates?

SworchSworch United StatesPosts: 5

Hello, I very recently got a Deluge and am loving it. My question is regarding midi controllers. I have a Novation Launchkey Mini MkIII and a LaunchControl XL. I understand how to assign controls to the various parameters, synths and kits. What I’m not getting is the most intelligent way to save my controller configurations so I don’t have to manually reset everything each time I make a new clip. Is there such a function?

Comments

Fabi_OhmyamFabi_Ohmyam ItalyPosts: 29

@Sworch said:
    Hello, I very recently got a Deluge and am loving it. My question is regarding midi controllers. I have a Novation Launchkey Mini MkIII and a LaunchControl XL. I understand how to assign controls to the various parameters, synths and kits. What I’m not getting is the most intelligent way to save my controller configurations so I don’t have to manually reset everything each time I make a new clip. Is there such a function?

Apparently this will be possible with the upcoming release of the 4.0 OS , having the biggest advantage of the MPE record and playback functions.
    Of course there will come many other things. Be patient about that, I know is painful .

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

actually, saved midi mappings won't be a thing for 4.0.
    the closest thing to it will be saving a default velocity for usb or din midi and default MPE mapping (lower or upper) when plugged in.

there isn't a great or straightforward way to transfer templates to different clips. one option could be copying all the midimapping from one clip (via XML file) then pasting it into the other clip's section. you most likely will have to be conscious of having each clip's mapping set to a different channel or else when you change clip 1's frequency, it would simultaneously change clip 2's frequency.

another solution is creating a base/initialized template where you map everything you want to the synth patch. this is more for adjusting synth options outside of the deluge, but having everything mapped allows you to load up that initialized midi preset and start creating a synth patch from there. not exactly what you're asking for but could be used for future projects. i think it would even be possible to have multiple patches where you switch the channel for all the mappings per patch so if you built a song from scratch with those presets you would have some of control you're looking for with way less headache.