Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Using a midi guitar controller?

SworchSworch United StatesPosts: 5

I have a midi guitar style controller which has buttons instead of actual strings one the “neck” and a set of 6 short strings at the picking hand location which each send gate and velocity data. The issue is that each row of “frets” and its corresponding string broadcast on a separate midi channel (1-6). I’m trying to figure out the simplest way to set up the Deluge to respond to this arrangement. So far I’ve set up 6 clips, each set to a different channel. While it’s fun to assign different synths to each string etc, it’s painfully tedious to adjust parameters across all 6 clips. Is there a Omni/poly midi mode on the deluge or some other more elegant solution?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

With current firmware release I’d say the 6 separate channels would be the best way to take advantage of the six “strings”/channels.
    To avoid repeating adjustment to all six channels, you could adjust one synth. Then save that synth as a preset. Then load that preset into the other channels by pressing and holding load in the synth browser and selecting clone.

The other idea is that the upcoming firmware, 4.0, will have MPE capabilities, which may allow all six channels of your controller to be mapped to one synth. It’s available in beta if you’d like to give it a try.

Wow, thanks a lot. I just picked up the Deluge 3 days ago and am just scratching it's surface. The next thing I need to get under my belt is working with presets it would seem.

What I'm most interested in is being able to make parameter adjustments in real time across the 6 clips. That. it would seem, will have to wait.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem👍🏼
    Have fun!

tonyrickerbytonyrickerby south ,pennines ukBeta Tester Posts: 10

have you considered a retrokits product,or a midihub from Blokas-they would be stacking all the notes into one midi channel

@tonyrickerby said:
    have you considered a retrokits product,or a midihub from Blokas-they would be stacking all the notes into one midi channel

This is the direction I’m headed. I’ll report back.