Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

USB MIDI Foot Controller

13»

Comments

simonbrdlysimonbrdly United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 24

I would just like to confirm that the Actition pedal is perfect for the Deluge. I had an issue with running two controllers through the USB socket, but this works fine with a standard USB hub, so I can run keyboard+controller at once via USB (provided you have a Ripcord attached). Great service and communication

BaddaddyBaddaddy South ElginBeta Tester Posts: 19

out of curiosity, what are you assigning your four switches to function wise?

zlentzzlentz Portland, OR USAPosts: 5
    edited January 2022

@udeluge said:
    I have build a MIDI Foot Controller myself. Arduino Micro Clone that sends MIDI-Note Messages over USB. Tried it first with ControlerChange Messages but these can't be assigned for the global loop functions. 3 Footswitches that send two different Notes on Short Press and Hold. Loop, Layer, Rec on Short Press. Redo, Undo, Rest on Hold. Maby I add a 4th for TapTempo and Play but I have no casing that fit four Switches.

@udeluge - Will you be more specific about how you set your midi note messages? I am having trouble setting up an Ampero Control and have the following options. I'm guessing you had to set these on your Arduino. Thanks!

Channel: (Omni, 1-16)
    Type: (PC, CC, Note ON, Note OFF)
    Data 1 (0-127)
    Data 2 (0-127)

Update: I was able to get it working... here is a link to that post
    https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/4337/ampero-control-midi-foot-switch-controller/p1?new=1

Post edited by zlentz on
    SantodeluxeSantodeluxe United StatesPosts: 8

Hi,

I have the usb midi foot controller and I want some advice on how I should be sending data to that and to my laptop?

Do I just find a usb type B splitter from the deluge or deluge to laptop usb hub to foot controller?

Any other options I am not thinking of?

Thanks in advance!