Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge is perfect for Jungle

I've been getting back into the D&B and jungle I was so excited about in the 90s, and I'm working up a live set. Here's a snippet from practice, recorded straight from my DJ mixer. Deluge only, no external synths.

Tagged:

Comments

alphaminusalphaminus United StatesPosts: 44

Oh yeah, that compression is a RNC1773 between the Delly and the mixer.

nilscreatesnilscreates nelson, nzBeta Tester Posts: 29

Aaaah this takes me back... always love meself a nice Amen. Did you build this from scratch or stems/samples? Been trying to get my Amen samples to work smoothly but always seem to have trouble matching the time signatures, both when chopping or using as straight up loop

MugwoodMugwood DenmarkPosts: 18

Excellent! Nicely done!

o_oo_o Beta Tester Posts: 28

This is really great! Thanks for sharing. Did you use external effects, or is everything just the Deluge + RNC?

And how did you do those break edits starting around 7:50 on the Deluge? Are they manual edits in the sequencer, or note probability/iteration from the Deluge?

Thanks so much. Did all the slicing on the Deluge. A few of the instruments are one shot samples. I also have a few FX on my DJ mixer, so a couple of moments, I'm using a phaser or a tape delay on the whole track. If anyone's interested, I can Share the song files with the samples, kits, and instruments collected, and you could see how my amen kits work. I'm not precious about it.

@o_o said:
    This is really great! Thanks for sharing. Did you use external effects, or is everything just the Deluge + RNC?

And how did you do those break edits starting around 7:50 on the Deluge? Are they manual edits in the sequencer, or note probability/iteration from the Deluge? All manual sequencer edits. I have the slices set to "stretch" and the pitch and speed tied, so I can pitch the slices around by the length I draw them at.

@nilscreates said:
    Aaaah this takes me back... always love meself a nice Amen. Did you build this from scratch or stems/samples? Been trying to get my Amen samples to work smoothly but always seem to have trouble matching the time signatures, both when chopping or using as straight up loop

For any given break based kit I make, there is a small range of BPMs that will work. I start with a loop of the break I want either at the BPM I'm going for ie 170, or I transpose the break to match speed in a simple loop at the BPM. Then I either use the slice function, or duplicate the sound on the kit and change the start points on each pad in "waveform" Then I generally set all the polyphony on the kit sounds to "choke, so I get clean slices of any length. You can also just set the mode to "cut" and do it manually.

edited March 2022

This is the last of those 3 tracks, the one with the aggressively chopped amen. Please excuse my sloppy naming and file management. I had this song separated into several subsongs and was switching between them, but I combined them with this https://deluge-song-merger.netlify.app/ If you do a remix, send me the song file https://drive.google.com/file/d/14T8-NLvBEmYk1yLVfDyG_fGL73odC4lw/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by alphaminus on

@alphaminus Thanks so much! That's very helpful insight. And much respect for doing all those edits by hand! 😮 The Google Drive link seems to be a single WAV file (a pad sample). Could you perhaps check if it's the right link? 🙂

Thanks! That worked 😊👍

Okay, I'm doing A new one every day for a while. Here's the latest.

Sill 100% Deluge

I'm gonna do this for 7 days.

These are all really good! 👍 And I'm amazed that you're able to finish such a track every day. You must be really talented, or hard-working, or both 😊 Thanks for posting these, and I'll surely follow this and listen to the next ones as well.

WeebeatsieWeebeatsie Bonny ScotlandPosts: 11

These tracks are boss damage. Totally inspiring, I love it!

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

This is immense

atimchakatimchak Chicago, ILPosts: 28

So impressive - thank you for offering your songs to the world! Can't wait to dive in and have some fun.

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

Sounds pretty good.

Thank you so much! <3 This is such a supportive community!

Here's some more I wrote over the weekend.

ManvsinkManvsink United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 2

These are awesome! Ive been doing a lot of experimenting with breaks using multisample synths, there is a lot of potential there.

workergrayworkergray Gulfport, FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 222

not precisely jungle, but jungle adjacent. call it "jungle proxima"

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

awesome

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

@workergray said:
    not precisely jungle, but jungle adjacent. call it "jungle proxima"

rad

Here's a live performance.

rczrcz NYBeta Tester Posts: 111