Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Synths clipping

DanielSimuDanielSimu NLBeta Tester Posts: 4
edited March 2022 in Deluge Help

Hi,
I just got my (second hand) Deluge, and I wonder, is it normal that I hear some clipping/glitching on some of the default synths? With some of the synths I'd get this bad screetching sound when I would have multiple sounds at the same time, and it could always be fixed by turning down the volume parameter. But now I noticed that in default synth 147 it even clips when I only play a single sound. This made me wonder if I perhaps have some setting wrong or if something else is going on.
Is it normal that synth 147 (and some others) glitch if I don't turn down the volume parameter?

I made a recording in Deluge using the "output" setting, in which you can hear what I mean (file will disappear in a week)
https://we.tl/t-VWsIJYPa66

Thanks for your time
Daniel

Post edited by DanielSimu on

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

It is normal to have some clipping at higher velocity values. You can avoid this by turning down the master level of the clip or affect entire of the whole song.
    You can also turn down velocity if not using a velocity sensitive MIDI controller. Or decrease the modulation amount of velocity on the master level of the clip.
    Best choice depends on your workflow.

Answers

DanielSimuDanielSimu NLBeta Tester Posts: 4

Thanks, glad to hear that it is normal. It is definitely solvable indeed, just wanted to be sure my hardware was right :).

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Yup all good :)