Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Dead Notes in a Multisample Synth

tingeltingel Hamburg / GermanyPosts: 43

Ahoi... is it possible to keep some notes dead/silent or delete some of those the (wonderfully) deluge-generated notes!? - i know, i could just not play them for keeping ´em silent, but i´d love to have a real sample-clone of an barrel-wheel-organ, where originally many notes are missing ;)

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

have the sample of the notes you don't want to play to be a silent waveform.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

After loading the multi samples into a synth track you can use the browse shortcut and select the note just below the note you want dead. When that note’s range is selected press shift + save to remove that sample from the synth. Then while the range, now extended to two notes, is still selected hold shift and turn select to insert a new range. Then don’t add any sample and it’ll remain blank.

No need to delete notes/samples if the range of samples is greater than one note.

@reza said:
    have the sample of the notes you don't want to play to be a silent waveform.

so easy and so effective... yeah, it took me a lot of copying and pasting but now i have a beautiful barrel-organ-copy-synth - thanx a lot for your idea! :)

@Too_Mere said:
    After loading the multi samples into a synth track you can use the browse shortcut and select the note just below the note you want dead. When that note’s range is selected press shift + save to remove that sample from the synth. Then while the range, now extended to two notes, is still selected hold shift and turn select to insert a new range. Then don’t add any sample and it’ll remain blank.

No need to delete notes/samples if the range of samples is greater than one note.

actually that seems to be an really interesting way but i couldn´t figure out that fast how to really get to the result i wanted, so - having a computer nearby - the copy/paste option was the quickest right now... if i´ll mess around more with dead notes i´ll check this in-deluge-option again ;) thank you!