Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is there a way to trim sample files?

galengalen Beta Tester Posts: 22

Hi all,

I have the following situation: if I record a sample as part of a kit, there is typically silence at the start of the sample that occurs between hitting RECORD and the sample playing. I can fix this by going to the waveform editor and adjusting the sample start point. However, because the silence is still part of the sample file, every time I use the sample elsewhere I have to adjust the start point again. Is there a way to either trim the sample wav file itself or to associate a start point with the sample that isn’t tied to a kit?

Thanks!

Best Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

There’s currently not a way to trim the actual sample file on the Deluge. Closest thing would be to resample after trimming. You can do this by holding record and pressing the audition pad of the sound. This will create a new sample with no gap in the beginning.

And saving the sound in a song or kit is the only way to save the start and endpoints. This can be more ideal than resampling because you can name the saved kit and find it more easily for adding it to new songs.

Post edited by Too_Mere on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

@galen said:
    Is there a way to copy a sound from one kit to another?

Not exactly. Best way would be to resample the sound, then load it into the new kit. If resampling is the last thing you did it should jump right to that sample when adding a new row in the new kit.

Answers