Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sub Bass

I've created an FM sub bass but it has a click at the begining of the patch. I've tried to follow along w/the only youtube video I could find about Deluge and Sub Bass but I'm still getting the click. Please help.
Here's a link to the video.

Comments

LegsMechanicalLegsMechanical United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 49

Add a tiny bit of attack to env1?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

adding a attack to the amplitude envelope (env1) can help, as @LegsMechanical mentioned. however, a more simple way is to set the retrigger phase (shortcut is <3rd from left, 4 down>) to 00 instead of OFF. if you're using two oscillators, you should do that to both (however, in some cases, that may make some unintentional changes to the overall timbre of the synth patch depending on how you are interacting with those oscillators)

explanation:
    the deluge will play waveforms with the phase always in motion when retrig phase is OFF. what that means is that the sine wave can be triggered at places where there is already amplitude information, it will play anywhere within the cycle of the sine shape. if it's above or below the zero-crossing, then you will hear a blip. same thing can happen when you have a sample that ends before the sound has faded out, in this case the blip would be at the end.

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

@reza

This is so helpful. Thank you. I had always resorted to the attack method @LegsMechanical described, but it wasn't ideal.

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 155

Thx for this

saucerdrumsaucerdrum Los AngelesPosts: 6
    edited February 2022

Thank you @LegsMechanical & @reza I really appreciate your help! I had tried the attack method previously and I wasn't totally satisfied but the reults but the Retrig Phase did the trick! Now I can add non click sub to all my tracks! :)

Post edited by saucerdrum on