Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

About the Deluge Stems Uploader

michaelforrestmichaelforrest London, UKBeta Tester Posts: 19

Hello everyone, I've posted this elsewhere but now I have my own category, woohoo!

I came up with a workflow and Mac app for uploading my songs to the Deluge in a way that lets me flexibly move around my songs and bring in different parts. It automatically creates a Deluge song file and copies across all your samples. Loop lengths are automatically calculated so you don't have to go through the hardware interface setting each sample to the right timing.

Here is a link to a blog post containing a video tutorial and a link to download the app.

How to upload stems to your Synthstrom Deluge →

The app is not perfect yet but if you follow the file naming convention you shouldn't have any problems. (Drag and drop works, it just a bit clunky for now, especially with a lot of audio files).

I'll prioritise bug fixes and new features based on feedback here.

Thanks!

Comments

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

@michaelforrest said:
    Hello everyone, I've posted this elsewhere but now I have my own category, woohoo!

>

I posted a comment the other day, but it seems to have gotten lost.

Just wanted to say, "Wow! This looks amazing!"

Can't wait to give it a try. Not working on a stem-driven set just yet, but -- when the time comes -- will dive into this.

Would like to give this a try but the link that says "Get the Deluge Stems Uploader" is broken.

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzBeta Tester Posts: 52

I'd like to try this, but am on Windows.

How does this tool handle tempo?

Hi @Puppeteer. Tempo is currently not set to a sensible value in the generated song file - you have to load the song on the Deluge, set the right tempo, and then save again.

However, as many people have found the interface a little cryptic, I've been thinking of a UI improvement where you set the tempo on the song instead of setting the loop length for a specific loop. This would let me infer the correct beat lengths of the audio files in a more intuitive way.

That said, it works well once you understand it, and you won't use it that often, so it doesn't feel too urgent right now!

I have no plans to support Windows unfortunately.

@blindcinema said:
    Would like to give this a try but the link that says "Get the Deluge Stems Uploader" is broken.

This was broken for a little while but should be all good now!

sndogfsndogf San FranciscoBeta Tester Posts: 34

This looks great, and this is what I was looking for. But I'm on Windows as well. Any chance this will be open sourced?

@sndogf said:
    This looks great, and this is what I was looking for. But I'm on Windows as well. Any chance this will be open sourced?

It's not particularly portable code tbh so open-sourcing it for Windows wouldn't be much use.

The Deluge file format is open which is the main thing.

I love an open source project but I don't have the bandwidth to support one myself.