Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Fastest way to save an individual chop as a new sample

About 2 weeks in with my Deluge, and am starting to get comfortable with a workflow. I tend to load in melodic loops, slice, fine tune, and then find chops that work with a rhythm that I've laid out. Let's say that one particular slice is really nice, and I think it could work well chromatically on a different track. Is resampling that pad in isolation, then navigating the RESAMPLE folder the fastest way to turn that pad into a sample I could assign to a Synth Kit the fastest way to accomplish that? Or is there a quicker way?

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

I think it's the fastest way available. And for what it's worth I think it's pretty quick. :)

unfilterunfilter WisconsinPosts: 12

yep - agreed. it's not a super slow workflow by any means. just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing a shortcut to name and preserve the sample somewhere in my folder structure, rather than loading from RESAMPLE and potentially organizing later :smile:

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

for organizing: You can always load your synths in a new project, then "collect all" and it will save your synths + samples in a new folder under songs. makes it kind of neat to bring in somewhere else and you can clean out the resample folder without a hiccup.

nonetheless the deluge needs some kind of file workflow feature so you can identify which files are use somewhere and which are orphaned. but maybe that will come some day.

unfilterunfilter WisconsinPosts: 12

thank you @jensg - that's a nice tip. i figure to use neuma commander for organization as necessary, to deal with orphans.

i adore the lofi, minimal screen requirements of the deluge - it is what drew me to it and kept me away from things like the One or Polyend. but i would love to see a way for on the fly organization to be improved. even a feature that lets me navigate "RECORDINGS" and allows me to use the keyboard and SELECT knob to name it and put it somewhere. NEW FOLDER creation/naming as necessary would be a cherry on top.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

to create. delete and move files and folders (even rename them) would be a godsend. i dont how how hard this is, but it would infinitly better the device.

yeah the commander is all fine and well, but the point of having the deluge was to get away from the computer.

phillipadsmithphillipadsmith United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 89

@jensg said:
    nonetheless the deluge needs some kind of file workflow feature so you can identify which files are use somewhere and which are orphaned. but maybe that will come some day.

There is an app for this called Deluge Commander. Have a look. :)