Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

can the 8x16 grid mirror/represent the display?

vdj1308vdj1308 United StatesPosts: 6

Hello everyone,
I am not sure if i am missing something here, but i cannot find any reference to this: while one can use the grid as a keyboard/keypad as well as the grid can represent waveforms’ graphics: does it also function as a display mirror? I somehow understand a reasoning behind implementing that hardly-readable display, however after not using Deluge for awhile it is very difficult to organize/familarize oneself with loaded sample names, etc. It would be amazing if there would be a shortcut to mirror a display on 8x16 grid space that could be scrolling. You’d be able to easily read all the symbols, upper/lower case and users could also draw a little graphics to go along with their patches/songs if desired. I just thought it would totally cancel any need for further debates on the display replacement topic as well as it would help to recall how the actual display represents the alphabet and numbers without reaching for the manual. cheers from New York.

Comments

samforcesamforce United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 40

I for one love this idea.

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Nice idea :) I for one wouldn't need that, but I can see how it would be helpful for users struggling with the 7 segment display.
    There's so much potential in the grid that is still unused. More ideas that were already discussed in the discord are

• "keyboard" view for kits, mpc style
    • browser view, where folders are yellow pads, samples are white pads, presets blue pads. Would make it easier to navigate through big folders
    • editor view, where every time you press shift the shortcuts get color coded (e.g. the envelopes light up red, the lfos light up green, oscs light up blue etc.) would make it easier to quickly find shortcuts in the dark :)

Since these are basically feature requests, expect the thread to get deleted pretty quicky, since those are a no no at the moment. :) Still, good thinking! I love how open ended the deluge is and I hope that it will see many many more years of love and care in the form of updates and support.