Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

There is a way to edit an automated filter in an audio track?

iofiof SpainBeta Tester Posts: 18

Hello everyone. I've been finishing a song with the Deluge for a few days now. I recorded an audio track with an instrument in song mode, and so far so good. The problem I'm encountering is the following (and I'm sure someone has encountered it before me and may be has some workaround):

I want to edit any parameter (volume, filters...) of the audio track. In song mode I can activate the recording, move the knobs of the desired parameter and everything is automated. But what if I want to edit some part of the automation, is there a way to do it?

• If I go back to a certain position of the song, press record and play the parameter then the changes are recorded but I lose everything automated before.
  • I can't edit the parameter by note position (p-lock type) as it is an audio track.
  • I'm not sure if I can copy a part of the automation, but I'm afraid that the whole track is copied.

Does anyone have a better idea than going through a DAW?

Thanks!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@iof said:

• I'm not sure if I can copy a part of the automation, but I'm afraid that the whole track is copied.

You can indeed copy a selection of a clip and paste it to another portion of the same clip.
    Copy applies to the currently visible selection/zoom level and so does paste.

iofiof SpainBeta Tester Posts: 18

Perfect, it works @Too_Mere, thanks!
    Reading the documentation, it did not seem to me that the effects will be overwritten. Perhaps this should be further clarified.

Thank you!

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 153

Following this..