Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Regular crashing, file errors

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

Hi Everyone,

My Deluge has increasingly had some finicky issues related to how it reads files.

It leads to not playing samples even after sorting them into a kit. Sometimes when I power the deluge there are kits that can't be read (CORR/FILE) this is not all the time. Sometimes running through custom synth presets causes a freeze and I have to reboot. I also receive errors trying to load more kits after having several kits on a song which may be normal, but I don't believe was a problem before. It's not like they are all running simultaneously either. I also get (CORR/FILE) errors while flipping through songs.

I keep backups of everything so fortunately, I haven't lost anything. I have gone through at least 3 SD cards in the last year and I'm Not testing firmware on this unit.

Is anyone else dealing with this regularly? Any recommendations or solutions?

I have the latest firmware, Extreme 90mb/s 32GB SD card

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Do you have any specific songs or presets that consistently give one of these error messages?

FILE usually means a misplaced audio file. CORR makes me think there’s a card issue

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

First thing is that there may be .ds_store files on your SD card that can cause FILE/CORR errors. Mostly an issue that arises if you use Apple computers. I would even check to see if any sample folders on your SD card have files that are not .wav files just in case!

Second thing is that FILE errors generally are when a KIT or SONG you're trying to load is pointing at samples that don't exist in that specified folder path when you originally saved them. IE. if you moved kick1d.wav from SAMPLES\Artists\Andrew Stirton\Frugal to a new location like SAMPLES\My Drums\Kicks then you will have errors. You can't sort and organize your SD-cards samples unless you use another program (like Deluge Commander) to adjust any .XML file (kit, songs) to the new location of the samples.

Another instance you make get FILE errors is when you clone a clone. If you ever clone a KIT preset, for instance, in order to have two of the same KIT play at the same time (ie. so one, the original kit preset, is reserved for percussion sounds, and the second, the clone of the same preset, is used for kick/snares). If you try to the clone the second, you will get a FILE error since it points to a kit preset that isn't saved permanently-it's just a clone. So you would have to make sure you clone the original preset to avoid that kit error.

I don't think this will cover all the reasons you may be getting these errors, but it'd be good to eliminate these possibilities to track other options down!

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

@Too_Mere said:
    Do you have any specific songs or presets that consistently give one of these error messages?

FILE usually means a misplaced audio file. CORR makes me think there’s a card issue

Yeah, there are a few culprits I can think of that consistently cause issues. I have deleted those files and replaced them. It’s kind of a game of whack a mole where I fix some files and later I find others now have this issue.

@reza said:
    First thing is that there may be .ds_store files on your SD card that can cause FILE/CORR errors. Mostly an issue arises if you use Apple computers. I would even check to see if any sample folders on your SD card have files that are not .wav files just in case!

Second thing is that FILE errors generally are when a KIT or SONG you're trying to load is pointing at samples that don't exist in that specified folder path when you originally saved them. IE. if you moved kick1d.wav from SAMPLES\Artists\Andrew Stirton\Frugal to a new location like SAMPLES\My Drums\Kicks then you will have errors. You can't sort and organize your SD-cards samples unless you use another program (like Deluge Commander) to adjust any. XML file (kit, songs) to the new location of the samples.

Another instance you make get FILE errors is when you clone a clone. If you ever clone a KIT preset, for instance, in order to have two of the same KIT play at the same time (ie. so one, the original kit preset, is reserved for percussion sounds, and the second, the clone of the same preset, is used for kick/snares). If you try to clone the second, you will get a FILE error since it points to a kit preset that isn't saved permanently-it's just a clone. So you would have to make sure you clone the original preset to avoid that kit error.

I don't think this will cover all the reasons you may be getting these errors, but it'd be good to eliminate these possibilities to track other options down!

I do in fact use Apple computers... I have found myself deleting stuff and replacing the files exactly in the same place. Perhaps this is what the .ds_store file's doing... I got to check out the commander then because separate from these issues, I'm referring to. Knowing I couldn't organize files without messing up songs in the past would have been helpful! Haha

That's for giving me a place to start. Cheers!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

If there’s a specific preset or song that gives issue, open the xml on your computer and check for file paths that are referenced and make sure the samples are where they should be. Or edit the file path in the xml to show its new location if it was moved.