Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deleting Synth Presets, Moving and Removing Drum Samples from Kits

I often get bogged down trying to do something that I think should be simple, and can't figure it out. Are of these possible, and if so, how?

1. Is there a way to delete a synth preset from within the Deluge?
  2. Is there a way to remove a drum sample (i.e. free up the pad) from a kit within Deluge?
  3. Is there a way to move a drum sample to a different row in the kit like you can a synth note?

Comments

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62

I can answer 1.

Press load and enter the name of the patch to delete. Don't select it at this point

Whilst the name of the patch is flashing, press Shift + Delete.

You can then delete the patch.

taktak Posts: 31

Thanks much @ceetronic

steamboatbillsteamboatbill Dundee, ScotlandPosts: 1

For the other two:

2) Hold a pad on the main grid on the same row as the sample, then it's Shift + Delete to remove the notes and clear the sample (same as deleting a clip from Song View).

3) Hold the audition pad for the sample, hold down the up / down knob and twist.

taktak Posts: 31

Thanks @steamboatbill - not sure why those didn't cross my mind.

MichaelMichael CanadaPosts: 10

@ceetronic said:
    I can answer 1.

Press load and enter the name of the patch to delete. Don't select it at this point

Thanks so much for this, this was driving me crazy! I just could not find these steps in the manual. Are they there?

MagicmixMagicmix United KingdomPosts: 17

@Michael said:

@ceetronic said:
    I can answer 1.

Thanks so much for this, this was driving me crazy! I just could not find these steps in the manual. Are they there?

Doesn’t work for me. If I create a new synth but don’t load a wavetable, (or even if I do) it won’t delete. I often make mistakes on patch Loading and I’ve got 15 or so synths I can’t delete.

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62

What does the display say when you try to delete a synth preset?

autophocusautophocus SacramentoPosts: 1
    edited November 2023

@Magicmix said:

@Michael said:

@ceetronic said:
    I can answer 1.

Doesn’t work for me. If I create a new synth but don’t load a wavetable, (or even if I do) it won’t delete. I often make mistakes on patch Loading and I’ve got 15 or so synths I can’t delete.

A bit of a late response but I found that I just needed this guidance.

Assuming you are using the new OLED book, the deletion of a recording/sample can be found on page 173. It appears it is on the same page in the non-OLED book as well.

DELETING A SAMPLE
    1. Press [SHIFT]+[Browse] (this is where you will see a "Bottom - Top" message.) Press the main select knob. This should get you into navigating your folders.
    2. Navigate to the sample to delete
    3. Press [SHIFT}+[DELETE] to delete
    4. Display will ask you to confirm deletion
    5. Press [Save] or (SELECT) to confirm
    6. Sample deletion complete

Post edited by autophocus on