Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Hiccups in Midi Learn? Sustain Pedal issue ( Novation Launchpad X / Novation Sl mk3)

Maj7sus2Maj7sus2 Vienna, AustriaPosts: 12

Hi!
Recently I have been having some trouble connecting my Novation controlling hardware (Launchpad X, Sl MkIII) to the deluge. Perhaps someone knows how to trouble shoot?
1) I did not manage to make the sustain pedal work on the Sl Mk3. Does in work on a specific Midi channel only? Or is there something I am missing how to program?
2) I have two custom templates on the Launchpad that I use for live mixing (volume and panning of the first 8 tracks, which are also the 8 instruments i play on the Sl ) but when the project starts to get busier, I cannot change patch without losing all the midi learn ! This seems to work fine at the beginning though (when I am, say, one or two channel deep).
It's just a minor hiccup and I can work around it, but I'd be curious to know if I am just pushing the limits of the machine or just doing something wrong.

My entire Setup is connected only via a Usb hub to the Deluge, in case this is relevant.
Thanks for your support!

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

So the Deluge does not currently respond to sustain pedal.

For 2), I don’t know a reason you’d lose MIDI learning. What do you mean, you cannot change the patch without losing the MIDI learn? Can you describe further?

Maj7sus2Maj7sus2 Vienna, AustriaPosts: 12

when I have a busier project ( 8 tracks, each of them assigned to one track on the sl mk3, synth parameters on the SLmk3 knobs and volume and pannings on the launchpad x) , If I am not happy with the sound of one specific track and I decide to browse through the patches rather than tweaking the one I am using, the system glitches and Midilearns stop working (both on slmk3 and on launchpad). It usually also does not work to reassign them. Basically, both controllers stop sending inputs to the Deluge, or the Deluge fails to read those inputs.

As said, when I have only one track, the system seems to work just fine even when I browse through sounds.