Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge ate my SD card!

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Last night I put my SD card into my Deluge and it just fell down inside, almost as is there was just a hole in the case. Now it's ratting around inside.

I have never opened up the case before. Is there anything I need to watch out for when doing so?

And I'm guessing this happened because the SD port was not properly aligned with the case. Is this something anybody else has experienced? And is it easy to fix?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

I have heard of many users doing exactly this. Usually a case of sticking it in at an angle.

Removing the backplate isn’t difficult. Same procedure as changing the battery. Just remove the screws from the back and the top (by the jacks). Just be careful with the delicate insides but shouldn’t be hard to get in and retrieve the card.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

So not possible to get it by removing a side panel? The screw is screwed into wood should go easy, removed mine with ease when was painting them.

Post edited by volsteh on

Answers

Thanks @Too_Mere

I was probably a little careless and probably did stick it in at an angle. It was that kind of night!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem👍🏼Good luck!

Thanks.

The screws on my unit seem to be over-tightened so I can't get them out.

I guess I'll just have to buy a new SD card and start from scratch, hoping the old one doesn't do any damage rattling round inside :-/

Gosh that does sound risky. I would look into ways of removing stuck screws. SD cards are small and light but there are many small fragile components inside. Wouldn’t want anything serious going wrong. Good luck! 🤞

I guess I could try a bit of WD40, or another screwdriver with a blunter tip that will give me more purchase.

Do you know the exact size of the screw heads, by any chance?

Thanks again for your help @Too_Mere

I do not know the exact head size. Sorry

Thanks anyway. I'm going to have a try with this.

That oughta give more torque. Good luck!

markkmarkk Posts: 17

Good luck @Alder_Dice, let us know how you get on!

Thanks @Too_Mere and @markk

I'll let you know.

I do think the manual should contain a warning about inserting the SD card carefully if this is a common experience. And hopefully it's on the list of things to be addressed in any future hardware revisions.

edited January 2022

Still no luck. I'm pretty pissed of now to be honest. I have precious little time to make music and I'm spending it repeatedly buying new screwdrivers and researching ways to remove over-tightened screws.

Anybody got any more tips? I hear WD-40 is an option for stuck screws in metal but I'm cautious about introducing substances.

Is returning it to Synthstrom an option? I've had it since September 2020 but this does feel like a a manufacturing fault. I don't want to be without my only means of making music, or have to send it to the opposite side of the planet and back if I can avoid that.

Pretty bummed out that something so simple is stopping me making music.

Post edited by Alder_Dice on

Sorry to hear that. I would maybe contact Synthstrom about the screws. They should be removable as that is how you’re supposed to change the battery if needed.

@volsteh said:
    So not possible to get it by removing a side panel? The screw is screwed into wood should go easy, removed mine with ease when was painting them.

Great thinking!

@volsteh said:

Thanks for this @volsteh . This is what I did in the end. And thanks to a friend with a good screwdriver-wrench combination technique I have loosened the other screws for future use too.

And thanks again @Too_Mere