Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge with a Model D

EdREdR Dallas TX USAPosts: 51

I'm trying to use my Model D as the sound module on my deluge. I've set the midi channel to 1 on both devices, but I still get no tone. What am I missing?

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277
    edited January 2022

Sorry if this is a stupid question but did you connect the output of the Model D to the input of the deluge? If so, you need to set up another track and make it an audio track listening to the input coming from the Model D. Make sure that you choose the input with the dot "." at the end of the name, that way the monitoring is active. Then you should hear the synth.

Post edited by Heptagen on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Can you describe more details about what you’re trying to do and steps you’ve taken?
    Are sending audio from the D into Deluge? Are you sequencing/playing from a MIDI clip?

I got it to work. I had to go in and set the midi channel to 1 on the deluge one last time, and it all works fine.
    Right now I'm using the deluge as a sequencer, but I'm also using a Polyend SEQ for that. My first day with the Deluge, it'll take a few to get comfortable with all it can do.
    Thanks for the swift responses!

Now I just need to be able to hook up my Roland Gaia and Juno DS to this all at the same time. Guess I'm going to have to use a DAW and record for that, though. sigh.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

i think if you find a midi-hub solution you can have multiple devices work through midi simultaneously. as far as getting the audio input to go through the deluge as well, then you'd have to either switch cables in the audio input of the deluge, or have those devices run through a mixer then mixer to deluge audio input. good luck, have fun!

A Midi Hub would be great, if I could use the Model D and at least one other midi device at the same time within a song on the deluge.