Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Thru via USB

EddyEddy Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 292

Does the MIDI Thru in the Settings Menu work the same way like via DIN?
I can´t figure out any difference on my Deluge USB OUT on a MIDI Monitor (monitored on a Blokas Midihub) whether it´s turned ON or OFF.
Maybe I missed that USB MIDI does not support THRU but only IN and OUT?

I can find new settings in the menu: and I guess Devi is to specify behaviour off MPE devices but diff ???

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I’m not certain about whether or not thru applies to USB connections.

Devi specifies MPE but also allows you to set default velocity sensitivity per device.

Diff is the setting that differentiates each device connected by USB. When on each device has its own 16 channels. If off, it’s the same as before and all devices share the same 16 channels.
    So perhaps that actually may work as a type of thru for USB?

Very helpful information about Diff and Devi, thank you.
    Now I simply did two synth tracks in song mode and learned them (which I can also do in SONG view :)
    two CHN 11 and CHN 12 from my good old Electribe EMX, but which ever Channel I play on the Electribe (1 to 16)
    I hear both sounds on the Deluge and the Diff setting makes no difference.
    Where is my mistake in thinking?

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Are you sure you are separating channels 11& 12 while learning and playing? I don’t have an Electribe but I often send the Deluge different channels to control different synths, with the same controller over usb without issue. So that should be possible.

edited January 2022

@Too_Mere said:
    Are you sure you are separating channels 11& 12 while learning and playing? I don’t have an Electribe but I often send the Deluge different channels to control different synths, with the same controller over usb without issue. So that should be possible.

All problems solved, I don´t know exactly what went wrong -another difference to good old DIN MIDI: Sometimes restart helps....sorry for makin trouble.

...and some day someones got the answer whether MIDI THRU is specified via USB ;)

Post edited by Eddy on