Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Zagreb | Lofi Tape Ambient

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

Most of the lofi vibe comes from the sounds of the Deluge itself. It's great for this kind of grainy, noisy and out-of-tune sounds from the Boards of Deluge soundpack. With the latest beta firmware 4.0 the Deluge can (between a big list of new features) reproduce clips in ping-pong, which is very useful for this kind of music.
Monome Norns (Fates) is running the Cheat Codes 2 script, playing 3 samples I recorded in the Norns from the Deluge. This script cuts every sample in 16 slices and can create sequences randomly to create this lovely textures, in a different tempo, that contrast so well with the running sequences from the Deluge.
A lofi tape simulation from Arturia was also added to the final mix, to get more of this vintage tape-aged warmth.

Comments

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Enjoyed this a lot. I like the digital crunch towards the end.

I've been looking forward to using that free Arturia plugin too. I had thought it would be too obvious to use on the master but it sounds really nice here.

mcpepemcpepe Marbella, SpainBeta Tester Posts: 98

@Alder_Dice said:
    Enjoyed this a lot. I like the digital crunch towards the end.

I've been looking forward to using that free Arturia plugin too. I had thought it would be too obvious to use on the master but it sounds really nice here.

Thanks! The Arturia plugin sounds good, but most of the character comes from the sounds of the Deluge. That crunch towards the end is the FM from the bass sound (you can see me moving the knobs a little in the video)