Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

( SOLVED with 3,1 firmware ) Deluge, when acting as a USB hub, cannot send midi data from MIDI OUT

Fabi_OhmyamFabi_Ohmyam ItalyPosts: 29
edited December 2021 in Deluge Help

Is it ever going to change?

Post edited by Fabi_Ohmyam on

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but it does already send MIDI data over USB. What do you mean by acting as a hub?

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

@Fabi_Ohmyam If you've plugged in your midi controller into the deluge via usb and it hasn't been able to control it, try the following workflow:

1. Deluge power cable must be plugged in.
    2. Connect the midi controller via usb.
    3. If necessary, turn on midi controller.
    4. Turn on deluge.

@Too_Mere said:
    Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but it does already send MIDI data over USB. What do you mean by acting as a hub?

Sorry . I meant that Till NOW it cannot yet
    work as a MIDI USB for Output.

@Heptagen said:
    @Fabi_Ohmyam If you've plugged in your midi controller into the deluge via usb and it hasn't been able to control it, try the following workflow:

1. Deluge power cable must be plugged in.
    2. Connect the midi controller via usb.
    3. If necessary, turn on midi controller.
    4. Turn on deluge.

Yes. This I knew it. I hope is gonna work with my oxygene pro too ( arriving home ) which has not independent power DC :(

@Fabi_Ohmyam said:

@Too_Mere said:

@Too_Mere Talking only of the midi Out from USB ( while this is also charging the controller) .

In the manual is written that is not possibile yet

I don’t know if it would change a controller that is chargeable but it does provide power to most USB powered controllers, if that’s what you mean.

edited December 2021

@Too_Mere said:
    I don’t know if it would change a controller that is chargeable but it does provide power to most USB powered controllers, if that’s what you mean.

I mean, also that but not only. OK , that is a plus but now the problem is this.
    I bought recently this M-Audio Oxygene 49 pro controller which has midi out 5 pin, and only un USB connection that works for transmitting data and powering.
    Thing is that Oxygen has its own arp and repeat note modes that with the internal clock can be assigned to external, and it would be a pity If I can not use the more advanced arps of Oxygen if Deluge cannot send midi clock over USB midi out...
    From Facebook Jean told me that Deluge can't send midi clock over USB midi out and as well the manual stated this sentence bellow. :

Why not just sync the deluge to the Oxygen in that case?

edited December 2021

@Too_Mere said:
    Why not just sync the deluge to the Oxygen in that case?

Is it not automatic ?
    Does not Deluge sync to any external gear whatever ?
    I just wonder if syncing from Midi-IN of Deluge to the midi-Out of Oxygen is (enough)correct to can work the internal arpeggiator of Oxygen to the clock of Deluge , recording the arp performances of Oxygen in the internal sequencer of Deluge , within the TEMPO of Deluge as Master

<< BUT >> !!!!!
    I might admit that the Master/slave Switching of Deluge is not a really clear thing to me, while in my old sequencer Pyramid was simply specified, or even in the oxygen pro controller there is even a button-switch the choose Master of Slave behavior.

@Too_Mere said:

Thank you @Too_Mere
    That thing has been update in the current 3.1 firmware and I didn't know.
    Greetings