β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge's max. write/read speed to SD card

AndrewchuAndrewchu BerlinPosts: 2
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

Reading forums I really have not found a clear answer or info about maximum data transfer speed to SD card determined by deluge specification. Would be great if someone helped with this.

Post edited by Andrewchu on
Tagged:

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614
    edited December 2021

It's just pretty irrelevant. Even the slowest SD cards available commercially today are fast enough. Maybe if you want faster transferring to a computer you might want a faster read speed, but even write speeds on class 2 SD cards are fine for audio. Ultra high speed cards are generally for high resolution rapid stills or more importantly video. 8k video is where you really gotta worry about that stuff, and 8k video is not on our road map:) so TLDR. Anything class 2 or above in theory should be as good as any other.

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on
    BriberyBribery MelbourneBeta Tester Posts: 6

Feature request: playing 8k video from SD card onto the Deluge, displayed onto the pads

AndrewchuAndrewchu BerlinPosts: 2

Thank you.

MusicMaybeMusicMaybe CanadaPosts: 5

I am brand new to the community, so I may have the wrong post?
    What is the maximum size SD card that deluge will support?
    Also, is there a storage mode (where the deluge presents the SD card over USB to a computer host)? This would greatly facilitate the backup/transfer process and reduce card insertions to almost nil.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

I'm sure 128gb works. No storage mode, sry.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

although i haven't confirmed this i also think SDXC cards may have compatibility issues if not forced to be formatted as FAT32.

if you use an SD card over 32gb it may be worth reviewing this thread to assist in forcing a FAT32 formatted card: https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1367/64-gb-sd-cards-can-now-be-used

lastly, i've heard that making your sd card allocation size 32kb is best for speed.

sven_blobsven_blob France Beta Tester Posts: 155

256g works well