Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Looping workflow

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83

Hey folks, I am confused with looping/recording on the D.
I have a MIDI foot controller with PLAY, RECORD, LOOP, LAYER set up (two more buttons available). Now, while the Deluge is playing, I want to record an audio track. I know I have to add an audio clip first and choose the right input source and so on, but how to go on from there using the foot controller?
The manual and YT videos did not really helped me out with that. I must be missing a simple thing here.
Thanks!

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

From there, you should be able to just press the loop command from the foot controller and begin recording, loop again to stop. Then loop more times to add loops.
    You may need to first enter and exit the audio clip to change the “focus” to the audio clip, telling the deluge which clip to record to.

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83

Yes! The enter/exit thing does the trick. Although I find it a bit strange that you have to do this after you added a new audio track. I would expect Deluge to expect looping on that track, no?!
    Thanks too_mere again!

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I found that it does assume the new audio clip if playback is stopped while adding the audio clip. Then pressing loop will record audio.
    If you add the audio clip during playback, it will be muted and not in focus.
    I also found that holding the audio clip row in song view while pressing loop will tell the deluge to loop record from that clip/track.