Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Loading audio samples in different tempos

o_monxtrao_monxtra Rio de JaneiroPosts: 1

Hey all, I am quite new in the deluge world and have a question that may be stupid.
Is it possible to load an audio sample into a song that has a different tempo? Basically I don’t want the tempo that the song is set into the deluge to affect (stretch) my original audio samples.
For me it would be quite simple to have a setting that makes the samples to be played as they are. Completely independent of tempo of the song that it is being load to.

PS: I don’t want the song to follow the tempo of the sample.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Audio clips will always apply stretching/warping to the audio unless the tempo and original source match.
    To use a sample without any warping, regardless of tempo, just load it into a kit and use sample modes cut, loop, or once, depending on your use case.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

This gets requested so often. And rightly so. Its very confusing to fight a machine instead of it doing a very simple thing: play audio es expected.

One should not need a workaround for this basic function.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993
    edited November 2021

Not really a workaround in my eyes. Samples in kits has been the way to play back audio since the Deluge could play audio files. Audio clips were more recently introduced. These warp due to the loop based nature of clips. Even in Ableton for example, to loop audio clips warping must be on.

Post edited by Too_Mere on