Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sequencer Playback & Clip Capacity/Manipulation Questions

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67
edited November 2021 in Deluge Help

Hi All,

Just beginning my journey learning this incredible machine. My apologies if these questions have been asked already but wondering if you have a moment to address them, it would be greatly appreciated!

1. Do I have to play my synth clips from the beginning every time or can I punch in?
  2. Can I set loop start and end points within a single clip for editing purposes?
  3. How many clips can be stored in a single Song or Arrangement?
  4. Is there a playback follow, so that screens refresh continuously during sequence playback?
Post edited by Octavian on
Tagged:

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993
    1. Pressing and holding the horizontal knob while pressing play will play from the currently viewed position in the clip or arrangement.
    2. Not really. You can however adjust the ending/length of the clip (shift + horizontal knob). And notes can all be moved to change where the start of the clip is by holding the vertical knob and turning the horizontal knob.
    3. As many as you like. There’s no limit. But if too many clips are playing at once you’ll experience voice stealing or notes dropping out. This depends on how CPU intensive the song or sounds are.
    4. Only in arranger view, by turning on the cross screen button.
    OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

@Too_Mere said:
    1. Pressing and holding the horizontal knob while pressing play will play from the currently viewed position in the clip or arrangement.
    2. Not really. You can however adjust the ending/length of the clip (shift + horizontal knob). And notes can all be moved to change where the start of the clip is by holding the vertical knob and turning the horizontal knob.
    3. As many as you like. There’s no limit. But if too many clips are playing at once you’ll experience voice stealing or notes dropping out. This depends on how CPU intensive the song or sounds are.
    4. Only in arranger view, by turning on the cross screen button.

Thank you very much for these answers, @Too_Mere !

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

No problem! 👍🏼