Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Moving the select knob and the display reading "FILE"

Heya folks.

I am having the issue when rotating the select knob, seems like if I move it more than 2 bumps a second I the display will read back "FILE" then I am unable to do anything. This has been happening in pretty much all menus but has been gradually getting worse.

Example: I am looking through my Kits, I move the knob too quick and instead of displaying "SR16" or whatever it is it flashes the word FILE. Then all sounds stop, even hitting a trigger pad nothing happens. I have to shut it off and turn it back on.

Is this a read/write speed issue? Would getting a better SD card help ? The SD card inly has 1.5 gigs on it of the total 16.

Thanx in advance.

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

It sounds like some of your sample files must’ve gotten moved. The kit presets contain file paths for samples used. If those samples are moved to a different folder, for example, the preset will display “file” when selected and fail to play properly.
    Getting that error multiple times seems to be causing some system issues.

Answers

MickeyJMickeyJ Posts: 3
    edited November 2021

@Too_Mere said:
    It sounds like some of your sample files must’ve gotten moved. The kit presets contain file paths for samples used. If those samples are moved to a different folder, for example, the preset will display “file” when selected and fail to play properly.
    Getting that error multiple times seems to be causing some system issues.

Ahhhhhhh. Ok. this makes sense. I was in playing around with samples the other day. Just out of curiosity where did you get that info. I feel like I CMD+F 'd every page I could find before I posted here.

Post edited by MickeyJ on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Not sure where or if it is in the manual. I’ve been using the Deluge a while now. I’ve gotten the message myself a few times lol.
    Oh also renaming samples can cause the same issue.

@Too_Mere said:
    Not sure where or if it is in the manual. I’ve been using the Deluge a while now. I’ve gotten the message myself a few times lol.
    Oh also renaming samples can cause the same issue.

Well endless thanks my dude

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Happy to help! 👍🏼