Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge, MIDI IN and Logic Pro X

Hi All,
I am using the Deluge in my studio. It's connected via a powered USB hub and its analog output is connected to an input on my Apogee Element. Logic is my DAW and I would like to send MIDI info from Logic to the Deluge, but when I create an External MIDI track in Logic, the only option for the Deluge is DELUGE OUT. Is it possible to create a MIDI track in Logic send it to the Deluge via USB, then record the output via an Audio Track through the Element? Is there a setting I need to change in the Deluge?
I have a first generation Deluge and it is running firmware version 3.1.5
Thanks!
Ken

Tagged:

Comments

HannesHannes GermanyPosts: 83

Hi Ken,
    just try and use the "Deluge Out" option in Logic. It should be possible. When sending clock from Logic to Deluge, I also use "Deluge OUT" in Logic's settings and it works fine. Should be no difference to other MIDI data I suppose. I guess it's just a kind of inaccurate naming or whatever.

occurrencemusicoccurrencemusic New York, NYPosts: 3

Thank you, Hannes. Let me try that. So with Deluge OUT, I can send MIDI notes from Logic to the Deluge, so it will play that MIDI sequence in one of the Deluge's synths?
    Ken

Yes that should be possible

RupertRupert LondonPosts: 8

Just did this for the first time a couple of hours ago with my new Deluge. No need for the External MIDI track option in Logic. As long as you select the "Deluge IN" in the Inspector per track you should be fine.
    Anybody know how to make Deluge the master Clock sync that would be great...

Logic can't be slaved unfortunately :(

occurrencemusicoccurrencemusic New York, NYPosts: 3

Thanks, Rupert. Sorry to be slow, could you explain that to me? What do you mean "inspector"? Thanks! Ken

Hi Ken - I was actually trying to delete my post because I drunk wrote. I don't know about Logic to Deluge MIDI flow. I got it working fine in the other direction so am not able to help you...

Whoops-the Inspector is the Track/Region information and Routing options column on the left for each track in Logic.