Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

electrobassrobotspacebanger!!!

Most of my Deluge music so far has focused on probability-based sequencing, with very light-touch arrangement. This time I got a lot more deliberate and detailed and put a lot of thought into the transitions.

I'm also challenging myself to design every sound from scratch, including the drums. So apart from a couple of AKWF waveforms, everything else was generated entirely within the Deluge. I'm especially happy with my FM hihats.

The whole thing also turned out pretty ridiculous. I have always had a soft spot for electro though, so it's good to scratch the itch now and again. I hope somebody enjoys listening to it enough to do a bad robot dance.

Comments

Alder_DiceAlder_Dice UKBeta Tester Posts: 128

Three other robo-buddies have joined it on a Bandcamp EP here:

">

Every sound on the EP was synthesised from scratch in the Deluge. The power of this machine amazes me.... I can only imagine what we'll be able to do with wavetables.

tamlyntamlyn LondonBeta Tester Posts: 32

These are fun! Great work on the synth sounds - really impressive. I like Baddies and Probes but Builders is my favourite, especially the syncopation. Painters is the least interesting to me – I think I need either a melody or baseline or rhythmic repetition to latch on to.

@tamlyn said:
    These are fun! Great work on the synth sounds - really impressive. I like Baddies and Probes but Builders is my favourite, especially the syncopation. Painters is the least interesting to me – I think I need either a melody or baseline or rhythmic repetition to latch on to.

Thanks a lot mate. Really appreciate you taking the time to listen and share your thoughts..

Builders is the one I did first and became the template for the other three. I'm glad you like it. I remember being really happy when the bass sound came together. There was an early Orbital track with a similar bass sound I think.

And yeah Painters probably has the least going on. It came out in one short late-night session last week. The next morning I didn't feel like I could get back to that place authentically so I just made a short arrangement and left it kind of incomplete. I'll probably use the 'modem' sound in a future track.

Thanks so much again.

PixelKickerPixelKicker United KingdomPosts: 60

This is really cool, I love the sounds you created. I can imagine it being used as a song on a computer game, nice one!

@PixelKicker said:
    This is really cool, I love the sounds you created. I can imagine it being used as a song on a computer game, nice one!

Thanks mate!

It's funny you should say that because I've made half a dozen tracks in a very computer-game-y style, which I'm trying to find the confidence to send to a few independent games companies.