Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Arranger cutting off long midi notes

TsapioTsapio San RafaelBeta Tester Posts: 21
edited September 2021 in Deluge Help

I have a bass instrument that plays fine in song and clip modes but the moment I put it in arranger mode and play it, the note gets cut short in several places. I've tried restarting and even recreating the arrangement but nothing helps. It only does this in arranger view. When I mute a couple of the other tracks it sometimes doesn’t do it but that isn’t really helpful when I need it to play with all tracks. I only have 6 tracks at most playing at the same time btw.

Post edited by Tsapio on

Comments

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62

Hi Tsapio,

I've also experienced this behaviour in arranger. I never got to the bottom of it, but think it might be related to how many voices are in use at once.

Like you say, if you cut down how many tracks are playing it works ok.

I created a track in arranger with 9 clips the other day and it worked fine. A previous track has 7 and wasn't.

Sorry, no answers but feel your pain.

Hopefully someone more experienced has a view.

Glad to know I'm not crazy at least! Thanks ceetronic. At the moment my only way around it on this track is to record it into my DAW playing it by itself in the "song" view. It never plays correctly in the "arranger" view now at all. I'm at a loss.
    I sent Synthstrom a message so will update the thread if I get a response.

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62

No problems.

Be interested to hear what they say.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Have you tried setting the priority of the bass from medium to high? And maybe get rid of unused kit rows if there are a lot, and save and restart. If that doesn’t help there might be something else going on here.

@Too_Mere that was it! I'm new to the Deluge so didn't realize I could do that. Really appreciate the info here mate. Man I love this thing!
    @ceetronic "priority is the fix and there's a quick access pad for it as well.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Happy to help! 👍🏼