Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Hanging notes

tangramtangram Oslo, NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 27

Hi, I just came across a bug, or possibly a buggy undocumented latching feature. When in keyboard mode, press and hold one of the grid buttons to play a note, press and hold shift, release the grid button then shift to sustain the note indefinitely. Sometimes you can unlatch the note in the same way, but not always. Also, you will be locked to keyboard mode, with only the sound editor available. No switching modes or presets or anything. If you latch two notes you're completely stuck.

Comments

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56

Yeah I've had that issue a few times in a row now. While editing my sound being in keyboard mode and using shortcuts a lot. Never got it back to regular mode after and had to reboot my Deluge (lost everything). I'd say 4x in the last hour. Haven't had that issue before, but I'm also just focusing on understanding all the sound editor settings and using the shortcuts a lot for that.
    Definitely a bug and really frustrating though.

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56
    edited May 2017

Aaaand again... how long was that? 5 minutes? ...restart.
    Here is what I did (probably 90% unrelated) - in between each step playing a few notes on the keyboard to test the sound

• restart, clear synth, keyboard mode
    • osc1 - type: sine, transpose -12
    • osc2 - type: sine, transpose -0.33, volume: 50
    • attack and release a bit up
    • put volume modulation to lfo1 (40)
    • the last few times it crashed when modifying the settings of lfo1
      (This issued might be related to using a new unsaved synth)
    Post edited by Horstmaista on
    tangramtangram Oslo, NorwayBeta Tester Posts: 27

I don't think it matters much what you do beforehand. I was able to replicate it with all the synth presets i tried.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Apologies - this is indeed a bug. I've fixed it, and we'll be making an announcement about a firmware update shortly.

The bug is, if you're in keyboard view, if you hold down a note, then hold down shift, then release the note while shift is held, the note sticks.